Lighting a Furrion RV oven is always a difficult task when you have just purchased a new range, regardless of the type. At first glance, the Furrion oven seems complicated, and it is hard to understand where to begin. So, when you don’t want any hassle running your new oven, learning the process of how to light Furrion RV oven is a must.
Fortunately, there are several easy steps that you can follow to get your RV oven lit for the first time. Once you understand the process, you won’t face any difficulties lighting your Furrion oven in the future. So, follow this guide if you would like to learn how to light your Furrion RV oven in the most hassle-free way possible.
What Is A Furrion RV oven?
RV is a type of oven that comes with a combined oven and cooktop range setup. It uses either gas or propane for power. Considering the general uses, the RV oven is used to grill, fry, bake, and cook any food. Since the RV oven comes with two parts, you can use the oven in two ways. According to the structure of the cooktop, it contains three burners in the range.
When talking about the Furrion RV oven, it is actually an RV oven made by Furrion. Notably, Furrion is a famous company in producing quality RV ovens in the current market. Similar to the standard RV oven, the Furrion RV oven also comes with a combined structure of two parts. The oven size ranges from 17 inches to 21 inches in width. If you want to use a gas-powered RV oven, the Furrion oven can be the best choice that runs using very little propane.
How To Light Furrion Oven
Generally, Furrion ovens come with an RV structure, and the two parts require a separate way of lighting. To start working with the Furrion RV oven for the first time, you must be patient. When trying for the first time, you may feel impatient. However, it will be as easy as pie after getting the hang of it. Now, we’ll show you the step-by-step process of lighting your Furrion RV oven below. Here, we’ve separated the process into two parts- the oven and the stovetop.
For The Cooktop
We’ve already mentioned that the stovetop of the Furrion RV comes with three burners. So, to light the cooktop of the oven, you need to light all three burners at once. Follow the below steps to start your journey with the RV stovetop.
- First, check the propane availability for the oven. If there is no propane, the oven will never light. To ensure that the propane is running through the Furrion range.
- Second, press the cooktop knob of a burner from the front and rotate to set the flame setting. You can adjust the flame according to your choice by rotating the knob. Remember that, you can’t stop pressing the knob when holding it.
- When you are pressing the knob continuously, push the start button to start the stovetop. If you’ve done the pressing correctly, a clicking sound will come out from the RV oven. And, the flame will also light up immediately.
- After lighting the cooktop, you can freely rotate the knob to the desired range of the flame. When you’ve lightened one burner, repeat the same process for other burners. Once all three burners are activated, your cooktop is now ready to be used.
For The Oven
Lighting the RV Furrion oven isn’t as fast as the cooktop. Since the oven part is also powered by propane but cannot run using direct flame, it will take more time than the burners to be activated for the first time. Normally, lighting the RV oven takes 1 or 2 minutes on average. If you need more than that, still don’t hesitate. Instead, try to light following the below steps.
- Firstly, similar to the cooktop, you need to press the oven knob and rotate it to configure the flame setting. Keep your hand on the knob and continuously press it when pushing the start button.
- After several tries of pushing the start button, you’ll hear a clicking or beeping sound from the back of the RV oven. Once you hear the clicking, you need to wait for the pilot until the pilot is lit.
- When the pilot ignites, you’ll see a small blue flame on the oven. Now, keep it lit for more than 30 seconds so that it gets hot enough to hold the flame.
- Then, rotate the knob to broil the pilot. At this instant, the flame will cover the whole ring. If you are satisfied with the look, rotate the knob now to get your desired temperature for cooking.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Light The Pilot On My Oven?
Many people get confused about identifying the pilot of the RV oven. In reality, you don’t need to identify the pilot to run the oven. First, you need to follow the same process as lighting the oven. So, press the oven knob and rotate it to set the flame setting. Then, push the start button when holding and pressing the knob at once. After hearing the clicking sound, the pilot will turn on automatically through a blue flame.
Why Food Burns In My RV Oven?
The RV oven is very sensitive to cooking the food evenly. If the positioning of the food isn’t set in the appropriate location of the oven, it can burn quickly. Burning a portion of your food in the RV oven means the heat isn’t distributed correctly across the entire surface. In such a condition, check first if the placement of the RV is at a proper level. When the food burns despite being the RV at the appropriate level, the reason can be the food placement. The RV gas oven cooks food so evenly that the thinner part will be cooked faster than the thicker part. So, try to balance it when baking using the RV oven.
In essence, lighting a Furrion RV oven requires a little patience when trying for the first time. The basic mechanism works by pressing the knob and the start button at once. And, the technique is similar to the kick-starting of a motorcycle. Not to mention, you need to light the two parts separately. In the case of the oven part, the pilot is flamed first before lighting the whole oven area.