One of my co-workers replaced a control board, but the oven still wouldn’t heat after installation. After checking the new board to see if it was defective, he noticed that all its settings had been reset to factory default. The model and serial numbers were handwritten on the panel inside the oven, but they were erased when replacing the control panel.
If you are in the same kind of situation, it has become very crucial to know how to reset the Frigidaire gas oven control board back to factory defaults, so you can use this new control panel correctly. Hopefully, this same reset procedure from this article should also work for other makes and models of gas ovens.
How To Reset The Frigidaire Gas Oven Control Board?
Most importantly, it is necessary to reset the Frigidaire gas oven control board when it gets damaged or if you face any issues with its functioning. The following are the steps that you need to follow in order to reset the control board:
- First of all, turn off the power supply to your oven.
- Unplug the appliance and wait for at least thirty seconds before plugging it back on again.
- Next, press the start button and hold it down until you hear a single beep sound from behind the panel.
- Once this happens, release your finger from the button and then wait until four minutes have passed before pressing it again.
- Then, hold down this button once again and continue holding it down until another beep sound is heard from behind the panel.
- Release the button after the beep sound and wait 5 seconds. The display will read 00:00:00.
Where Is The Reset Button On Frigidaire Oven?
The reset button is on the back of your oven, behind the control panel.
It’s a small button and must be pushed in with a pin or something similar. Usually, the reset button is used to clear any error codes that your oven may have generated. It won’t repair any problems, but it will let you know if something isn’t working properly and allow you to start troubleshooting from there.
Though the reset button typically remains on the back of the oven, just above the handle, it’s recessed. So, you have to reach in and press it manually. Besides, the exact location will vary depending on which model you have. You can use the reset button when facing the below issues:
- The oven will not heat to temperature or bake.
- The clock is not working.
- The keypad does not work.
What Causes Oven Control Panel Not Working?
If your oven control panel is not working, you will notice that your food will cook at different rates and temperatures than what it should be. In fact, oven control panels are the element that allows you to regulate the temperature of your oven. If you want to bake a cake or heat up pizza, you need to set the temperature and time on your oven control panel.
For example, if you set the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, you may see it is actually 450 degrees Fahrenheit inside your oven. In such a condition, there is something wrong with your oven’s control panel. Here are some major reasons why an oven’s control panel stops working properly:
- The most common reason is that the fuse has blown. To check this, you must turn off the power at the fuse box and remove the cover from the oven. You will see a fuse with two wires coming out of it. If it is blown, there will be no continuity between these wires, and no power will get through to the oven. Replace the fuse with one of a higher rating if necessary and try again.
- If you have checked that there is power getting through to your oven and still nothing happens when you press buttons or turn dials on its control panel, then there may be something wrong with the clock. In that case, the clock can stop working and needs replacing. An authorized technician should replace it as this is quite complex to fit correctly.
- Another reason can be that the display is broken or has a loose connection. This should also be replaced by an authorized technician as they too are quite complex to fit correctly.
- Sometimes a power surge can cause your control panel to stop working properly. This can be caused by lightning strikes or other weather-related events that affect electricity in your home or apartment building. If this happens, wait until after the storm passes before trying to restart your oven again.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Know If My Oven Control Board Is Bad?
You can simply know if your oven control board is bad by checking the voltage of the module. When the voltage goes inside your control board but isn’t returning from it, you have a faulty or bad oven control board. To make the control module work again, you should consider repairing it or replacing it with a new one.
Can I Reset A Gas Oven?
Yes, you can reset a gas oven. To do this, first, make sure that the oven is turned off. Next, locate the reset button on the oven. It is usually located behind the control panel. Once you have found the reset button, press it and hold it for a few seconds. Then release the button and turn on the oven. If the oven does not turn on, you may need to repeat this process.
How Do I Reset My Oven?
To reset your oven, first, check the owner’s manual for your specific model. Once you have found the correct procedure, follow these steps:
1. Turn off the oven and unplug it from the power outlet.
2. Wait a few minutes and then plug the oven back in.
3. Turn on the oven and set it to the desired temperature.
4. Bake something delicious!
In most cases, to reset the standard oven control board, you will need to press and hold the start button for about 10-20 seconds. When released, the oven is supposed to start operating. If it still doesn’t work, contact an authorized service for a solution.