Imagine that you have just moved into a new apartment with a whirlpool oven but have no idea how to operate it. Since the whirlpool oven comes with a pop-out display with it to control the oven settings, you may be able to turn on the stove after several tries. However, it is quite impossible to shut off the whirlpool oven until you properly know how to turn whirlpool oven off. Because, the turnoff option isn’t shown at the front sometimes and works with a different instruction.
So, when you are confused about shutting off your whirlpool oven, learning the correct way of doing it is a must to avoid any technical difficulties. For this reason, we’ll discuss today the entire process of turning a whirlpool oven off in this little guide.
How To Turn A Whirlpool Oven Off
If you’ve bought a new whirlpool oven and can’t figure out how to turn off the whirlpool oven, you should check the displayed functions first. The operations may be different according to your assigned task in the oven. In case you’ve started cooking without using the timer, the steps are pretty simple.
- First, check where you are at the displayed functions. If you’ve entered inside of an option, you may not see the menu function. So, you need to press back to get back into the menu options.
- Then, check if the cooking option shows the cooking temperature and the remaining time. Near that area, you’ll find a button marked “Cancel”. Sometimes, this option can be seen as “OFF” on the touchpad.
- After identifying the button, press it to stop the running processes of the oven. This means, the cooking will be stopped, and the oven will turn off the other cleaning cycles. After cooling down the range, it will automatically turn off the device.
When you’ve started cooking using the timer, the options won’t be the same as mentioned above. Typically, when you’ve set the timer for cooking, you don’t need to manually shut off the oven after finishing the cooking process. Due to the fact that the oven is programmed to shut off automatically after the timer has run out. However, if you want to turn the oven off in the middle of the cooking process, you can follow the steps below.
- Firstly, you should remember that the timer section is a different part of the cooking menu. So, you need to get to the home menu first. Then, search for the “TIMER” option in the menu.
- Usually, the option is a separate menu and is sometimes located inside the cooking menu. Check both places to find it. And, after getting the menu, press it to enter the timer section.
- After entering the timer section, you’ll see an option called “TIMER OFF” or “TIMER SET/OFF”. Here, you need to hit that button or marked area to stop the timer and cook.
- Sometimes, you may need to click twice to turn off the oven. Not to mention, most models come with that same user interface on the digital display. So, it’ll become easy for you to control other models when you figure out yours.
Since you’ve turned off the running processes of the electric oven, you may still see that the oven isn’t entirely turned off, and the display is showing functions and menus beeping. In that case, you need to power off the oven. To do this, follow the below steps.
- In the first place, look for the control panel on the display. You must find an oven-off button there. Sometimes you may need to press the control panel to get that button.
- After finding the desired button, press it to turn the oven off. Then, go near the home circuit breaker that connects the oven. You need to turn it off to shut off the oven entirely.
- Keep the circuit breaker turned off for at least 30 seconds. Then, turn it back on again and check if the oven is still on. In most cases, the range will be completely turned off now. Otherwise, you may need to keep the circuit breaker off for longer.
How Reliable Whirlpool Ovens Are?
Whirlpool is a company that produces a wide range of ovens and other cooking appliances. And they are highly reliable. Actually, Whirlpool Corporation is the mother company of this home appliance section. Though the company started a long ago, it is still producing quality products, making it a top-rated brand for kitchen appliances. When talking about their ovens, you can have a wide variety of ranges from Whirlpool, such as gas ovens, electric ovens, convection ovens, microwave ovens, etc.
Since they produce both regular and convection ovens, the customization of these products is similar to each other. To be more specific, all ovens made by Whirlpool work using similar functionalities and setting designs. In any case, if you are using an oven that comes from Whirlpool, it is called a whirlpool oven. So, identically, a whirlpool oven isn’t a type of oven. Instead, it is named according to the producer company of the product.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Whirlpool Ovens Turn Off Automatically?
Actually, you need to turn off the oven manually if you want it to be turned off entirely within a short period. Because most of the whirlpool ovens come with a 12 hours auto shut-off feature. That means, if you keep your whirlpool oven unused for 12 hours, then the oven will turn off automatically. But, that’s a long time for a standard routine. However, the cooking process will stop immediately after finishing the timer or the cooking time. And, the oven will remain on until the 12 hours is finished.
Why Is My Whirlpool Oven Not Turning Off?
The common reason for not turning off a whirlpool oven is the short-out of the heating element. But, you can simply figure out this damage since it is visible outside. To identify the issue, you should use a multimeter. Test the continuity of the baking element to mark the shorted-out baking element. If the test doesn’t show continuity of the baking element, you should consider replacing it. Then, your whirlpool oven can be turned off again.
In any event, most whirlpool ovens use similar functions to turn off. When your cooking is running, you need to cancel or stop it using the cancel command. And, after turning off the timer or cooking process, all other operations like self-cleaning cycles will also be stopped. Now, you can leave the oven to turn off automatically after 12 hours. Otherwise, turn off the circuit breaker to shut off the oven immediately.