As a Chick-fil-A fry aficionado, I’ve perfected the art of reheating those addictive waffle fries to crispy perfection in my air fryer. With just a few simple steps, you can easily revive leftover fries so they taste freshly cooked.
Is It Safe to Reheat and Eat Chick-fil-A Fries Later?
The good news is that yes, it is completely safe to eat Chick-fil-A fries later if you reheat them properly. The keys are ensuring the fries are refrigerated promptly after purchasing and reheating them to an internal temperature of 165°F before eating to kill any bacteria.
As long as you reheat the fries within 3-4 days and store them in an airtight container in the fridge, you’re good to enjoy those reheated fries guilt-free. I like to eat them within a day or two for the absolute best texture and taste.
How Do I Reheat Chick-fil-A Fries in an Air Fryer?
Here is my tried-and-true method for reheating crispy, delicious Chick-fil-A fries in the air fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F. I use a 5.8 quart air fryer which perfectly fits a medium-sized order of fries.
- Place the fries in the air fryer basket in a single layer, being careful not to overcrowd them.
- Lightly spray or drizzle about 1⁄2 tablespoon of oil over the fries. I like avocado oil for the high smoke point. The small amount of oil helps make them crispy again.
- Air fry at 400°F for 4-6 minutes, shaking halfway through. I check mine at 4 minutes then add 2-3 more minutes if needed.
- Immediately season with salt to taste when done cooking. I like to mimic the Chick-fil-A seasoning.
- Eat right away for maximum crispness!
Pro Tips for the Best Reheated Chick-fil-A Fries
- Try not to refrigerate the fries after the initial purchase, as refrigeration causes the fries to lose some crispiness.
- Reheat within 2-3 hours after purchasing for absolutely the best texture and taste.
- Use a high smoke point oil like avocado or grapeseed oil to lightly coat the fries before reheating.
- Shake the air fryer basket halfway through cooking to ensure even reheating.
- Immediately season the fries once cooked while the oil is still hot to help the salt stick.
How long do leftover Chick-fil-A fries last in the fridge?
Properly stored in an airtight container, Chick-fil-A fries will last 3-4 days in the refrigerator. Reheat within this time frame for best quality.
Can you reheat Chick-fil-A fries in the oven?
Yes, you can reheat Chick-fil-A fries in the oven. Preheat oven to 425°F and place fries on a baking sheet. Cook for 10-15 minutes, tossing halfway through. I prefer the air fryer method but the oven works too.
Should you add any oil when reheating fries in the air fryer?
I recommend spraying or drizzling about 1/2 tablespoon of oil over the fries before air frying. The small amount of oil helps restore that signature Chick-fil-A crispness.
What temperature should you reheat Chick-fil-A fries to?
Reheat the fries to an internal temperature of 165°F or higher before consuming to ensure food safety. Using a food thermometer helps guarantee they are fully hot.
Can I reheat Chick-fil-A fries more than once?
It’s best to only reheat the fries once for ideal taste and texture. The starch on the fries can break down with multiple reheats, resulting in less crispy fries.
Follow my air fryer reheating method and tips, and you’ll be able to enjoy tasty leftover fries that rival fresh ones from the restaurant. The air fryer makes it so easy to revive those crispy, salty fries we all know and love. Enjoy!