You might need to replace your oven light if the one in your oven is damaged. Suddenly, the light cover can get stuck in the oven. Due to heat and grease, the light cover glass becomes virtually welded in place. And it’s tough to remove the light bulb cover.
We will give you some unique tips to open them with the least amount of effort in this article.
Process of Removing Stuck Bulb Cover- Step by Step
If you use your oven for a long time, grease and high temperatures cause the light cover to get stuck. Besides, the cover is naturally tight because of the oven’s safety purposes. But don’t worry, we will give you a step-by-step process of removing the light cover. It doesn’t matter how tight your light cover is; you will be able to open it by using the process. Follow the steps carefully.
- Turn off the oven light and let it cool for half an hour.
- Clean the light cover to improve grip and loosen it.
- Get a rubber glove to get more grip to open the cover. Try to get as much grip as possible and now twist the cover as counter-clockwise.
- It is okay if the cover starts to slocken. In any other case, use an oil filter tool to loosen the cover. Slowly twist the cover so it loosens.
- Open the cover and replace the bulb if necessary.
- Clean the cover and replace the light cover again.
- Now switch on the light, and you have done it well.
Those processes will be a definite solution for removing the stuck bulb cover.
How Do You Remove an Oven Bulb?
To remove or replace an oven bulb, you have to open the cover first. Use the process described above to open the cover if it becomes stuck. To replace an oven bulb, follow the process below-
- Open the light cover by twisting the cover anti-clockwise.
- Use a rubber glove to get more grip here.
- Now pull the bulb straight out or anti-clockwise to remove the light. It depends on the light model.
- Do not pull the bulb out with your bare hand. This will injure your hand.
- Now place the bulb as before and switch it on.
Can You Use an Oven Without a Bulb Cover?
In the oven, a bulb cover serves as a shelter for the bulb and keeps it protected while cooking. The bulb is at risk of damage if any scattering occurs. So you never should use an oven without a bulb cover. However, a bulb with no cover could make your oven a fire hazard. To avoid further danger, you should cover your oven’s bulbs with a bulb cover.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Remove a Stuck Light Bulb from a Bosch Oven?
For a long time using the oven, your oven light bulb can stick to the socket. To remove the bulb, you must be careful because the light can break inside under heavy pressure.
So, first of all, you have to uncover the bulb cover.
Secondly, wear a rubber hand glove to get a tight grip. Now pull it straight out or twist it anti-clockwise very carefully. If you are not confident about doing this, better you hire an electrician to get the job done.
During long periods of use, the stuck oven light bulb gets a tight fit through hot air and grease. Therefore, it is really hard to remove the bulb cover. By following the process outlined in this article, you are able to easily remove the cover. All you need to do is be patient and fix it carefully.